Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Digi Choosday Project | Back-to-School Glitter Shaker Bookmarks featuring Polkadoodles Cute Boy and Cute Girl Students

Hi Crafty Friends!

It’s back-to-school week for this week’s Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Design Team theme, and I wanted to create something fun and cheerful, especially for those who are not exactly excited to head back to school. Haha!


For this week’s project, I made these adorable Glitter Shaker Bookmarks featuring the Cute Boy and Cute Girl Students digi stamps from Polkadoodles, colored with my trusty Ohuhu Alcohol Markers.

What makes these bookmarks extra fun? They’re transparent shaker bookmarks! How cute is that?




I created little rectangular plastic pouches using my We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool, then filled them with my colored digi images and shaker bits for a fun interactive effect.

And can we talk about the Fuse Tool for a second? This project was a big moment for me because my Fuse Tool has been sitting unused in my craft room for ages! It was gifted to me by a friend, Kaye a few Christmases ago, and I’ve only used it once… and yes, I burned myself.  So naturally, I never touched it again until now. Haha!

So if you own a Fuse Tool that’s collecting dust, consider this your sign to finally use it!

(Just… please be careful!)

Don’t have a Fuse Tool? No worries! You can still recreate this project using a plastic sealer or even small cello bags. There are always crafty ways to make things work!

Materials Used

  • We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool
  • Plastic Sleeves
  • Scissors
  • Ohuhu Markers
  • Silicone Crafting Mat
  • Polkadoodles Digi Stamps – Cute Boy and Cute Girl Students
  • Shaker Bits
  • We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile Punch
  • Ribbon

How I Made It

1. Color your digi stamps
Start by coloring your digi stamps using your favorite markers. I used my Ohuhu alcohol markers.




2. Create your bookmark pouch
Decide on your bookmark size, then use your Fuse Tool to seal the sides and bottom of your plastic sleeve.





3. Insert your colored image
Place your colored digi inside the bookmark pouch.



4. Add shaker bits
Sprinkle in your favorite glitter, sequins, or shaker bits.




5. Seal the top
Once everything is inside, carefully seal the top.


6. Punch a hole
Use your Crop-a-dile or hole punch to create a hole at the top for your ribbon.


7. Seal again below the hole
Create another seal line just below the punched hole so the ribbon section stays separate from the shaker compartment.



8. Add ribbon
Thread your ribbon through the hole.


9. Finished!
And tadaaa! You now have fun, colorful, and interactive shaker bookmarks!


I had fun making these and I love how playful they turned out. They’re perfect for back-to-school gifts, party favors, or even just to make reading a little more fun.



I hope this project inspires you to get crafty this week!

Don’t forget to check out this week’s challenge at Digi Choosday and join in on the fun with us. We’d love to see what you create!

And if you enjoyed this project, I’d love for you to follow along on my crafty adventures and socials for more inspiration, tutorials, and happy handmade projects.

Happy crafting!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Digi Choosday Project | Back-to-School Glitter Shaker Bookmarks featuring Polkadoodles Cute Boy and Cute Girl Students

Hi Crafty Friends! It’s back-to-school week for this week’s Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Design Team theme, and I wanted to create som...