Friday, September 18, 2026

Lucky’s Story: How I Became Lucky

Hi, hooman friends!




If you’ve been following me or my human's crafting account on Instagram, you might have seen my birthday Story where I shared a little recap of my life a few years ago. If you missed it, don’t worry, here’s a shorter version of my journey. From a tiny bottle-fed kitten to the handsome six-year-old cat I am today, this is my story.


I was born on September 1, 2020, together with my 2 siblings. My amazing mama cat, Lucy, took such good care of us during our very first days. We spent our time sleeping, snuggling together, and growing a little stronger every day.





Back then, I wasn’t even called Lucky! My siblings and I had temporary names: Eenie (that’s me!), Meenie, and Miny. My humans hadn’t picked our forever names yet, but they already loved watching us cuddle with Mama cat Lucy.








Life changed much sooner than anyone expected. My sibling and I were separated from Mama cat Lucy while we were still very young. She crossed the rainbow bridge a few days shy of her 8th birthday. Miny left us too. I was just left with my brother Meenie, and we stayed close, finding comfort in each other as we tried to understand our new world. We were scared, but at least we weren’t alone.













Even though my humans were grieving, they poured all their love into taking care of us. They researched everything about raising five-week-old kittens, bought us goat’s milk, tiny feeding bottles, and soft food, and took us to the vet to make sure we were healthy. Every five hours, day and night, they bottle-fed us and made sure we had everything we needed.





One of my very first adventures was my first car ride! My brother and I went to the vet for our check-up, vitamins, and deworming. I didn’t know it then, but my humans were doing everything they could to give us the best start possible.






As we settled into our new life with the humans, Meenie and I became the best of friends. We loved lounging on our favorite pink bean bag and taking naps together. Everyone noticed I was the bigger brother while little Meenie stayed true to his name.






Sadly, those happy days didn’t last as long as I wished. Meenie wasn’t as strong as I was, and just five days after we lost Mama cat Lucy, I had to say goodbye to my little brother too. Suddenly, I was the only kitten left.





There were days when I felt scared and alone. I missed Mama cat Lucy and my brothers more than I could ever explain. But my humans never let me face those feelings by myself. They carried me, comforted me, bottle-fed me, and reminded me every single day that I was loved.





Then came the moment that changed everything.


My humans decided I needed a new name.


They called me Lucky.





Not because life had been easy, but because, despite everything I had lost, I was lucky enough to have humans who never gave up on me. They chose me, loved me, and believed in me when I needed it the most. Looking back now, I think they were absolutely right.


As I grew stronger, life became fun again. My male human even let me “help” him play on the Nintendo Switch! I wasn’t exactly great with the controller, but I was an expert at watching the screen, chasing the moving characters, and making sure I got plenty of cuddles in between games.





They also brought me to the hotel where they lived during the pandemic. Yes - I was a hotel cat!















The rest, as they say, is history.














Today, I’ve traveled across countries, celebrated six birthdays, become a little internet cat, and filled our home with endless cuddles, zoomies, and a few mischievous moments. My journey didn’t begin the way anyone hoped it would, but it led me exactly where I was meant to be, with the family who loves me unconditionally.
















Thank you for reading my story. 



If you’d like to see more of my adventures, birthday celebrations, and daily cat life, come say hi on Instagram at @lucky1cat. I’d love to see you there! 



1 comment:

  1. awwww 🥹🥹🥹 Luckyyyyy!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Lucky’s Story: How I Became Lucky

Hi, hooman friends! If you’ve been following me or my human's crafting account on Instagram, you might have seen my birthday Story where...