Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Polkadoodles Digi Choosday | Turning a Christmas Digi into a Birthday Card Featuring Mabel

For this week’s Digi Choosday, the Design Team was given the prompts "November Birthday" and "No Red and Green," so I picked a color I don’t usually automatically gravitate to, shades of purple! I’m a pink and yellow girlie, so this was actually something new for me.

This card was also so easy to make. I wanted to create a CAS (Clean and Simple) card, just clean and simple. Comparing this card to my usual creations, I guess it’s already CAS by my standards. Buuuut... I know there are way more CAS cards out there because, apart from being a pink-and-yellow girlie, I’m also an excessive girlie. Haha!



This project is also a great reminder that you can play around with themed designs and stretch your supplies beyond what they were originally intended for. Why? Because the digi stamp I used is actually a Christmas digi! I simply changed the color palette, and you can barely even tell it was designed for Christmas.

Materials Used

  • Digi Stamp - Mabel Christmas

  • Sentiment - Age is Just a Number from Wanda Messages and Quotes

  • Ohuhu Alcohol Markers

  • White Cardstock

  • Violet Cardstock

  • Tim Holtz Guillotine

  • CutterPillar Crease Score Board

  • Distress Oxide Ink - Shaded Lilac

  • Blending Brush

  • Kat Scrappiness Love Blooms Stencil

  • Distress Oxide Spray - Wilted Violet

  • Foam Tape

  • Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

Instructions

1. Prepare your card base by cutting white cardstock to 5½" × 8½".



2. Score at 4¼" along the long side and fold to create your card base.



3. Cut a piece of violet cardstock to 4⅛" × 5⅜".



4. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 3⅞" × 5¼".



5. Position your stencil over the white cardstock, making sure the prettier parts of the design fall along the left side.



6. Using a blending brush, blend Distress Oxide Shaded Lilac through the stencil. Keep the stenciling concentrated on the left side, leaving most of the right side clean for a softer CAS look.




7. Unscrew the cap of your Distress Oxide Spray - Wilted Violet and use the tube inside to create a few splatters across the panel.





8. Print, cut, and color your Mabel Christmas digi stamp with Ohuhu Alcohol Markers.




9. Once the background is completely dry, adhere the digi stamp and sentiment using foam tape.



10. Mount the finished panel onto the violet cardstock layer.



11. Finally, adhere everything to your card base.



And that's it, a Christmas digi transformed into a birthday card with nothing more than a fresh color palette and a different sentiment! I hope this inspires you to look through your own stash with fresh eyes because you never know how many more projects are hiding in the supplies you already have.


If you give this idea a try, I'd love to see what you create! Don't forget to join us over at Digi Choosday for this week's challenge, and be sure to follow me on my social media for more cardmaking inspiration, crafty tutorials, and behind-the-scenes peeks into my creative adventures. Happy crafting! 

Instagram: @my.cat.and.crafts








No comments:

Post a Comment

Polkadoodles Digi Choosday | Turning a Christmas Digi into a Birthday Card Featuring Mabel

For this week’s Digi Choosday, the Design Team was given the prompts "November Birthday" and "No Red and Green," so I pi...