Thursday, July 30, 2026

Bee Happy Weeklies Week 27 | Watercolor Floral Card with Lindy’s Magicals

Hi crafty friends!

And this is it, the start of my Bee Happy project series!  I’ll be sharing these projects bit by bit so I can eventually catch up to my most recent Bee Happy creations.

Advance apologies too if my tutorials aren’t as step-by-step as my usual posts. Since we’re required to submit reels for our projects, I often get so focused on filming that I forget to snap process photos. Ironically, when I’m making projects that require blog posts, I remember to take photos but completely forget to record videos! I’ll do my best to get better at documenting both moving forward.

My very first project in this series is for Bee Happy Week 27, where the theme was Watercolor.



I have to admit… watercolor has always intimidated me. Watercolor paintings are so beautiful, and it always seemed like you needed the lightest touch and the gentlest hand to make them work. Let’s just say… subtle isn’t exactly my natural crafting style and my hands are definitely not light. I write so hard that it always mark on the next page and my husband always say I hit his shoulders so hard (when laughing or nudging haha).

Looking back now, though, it’s funny because as I’m writing this blog post, I’ve already completed 15 watercolor projects for Fuumuui’s #FuumuuiPaintAnywhere challenge. If I had already gone through those two weeks of daily watercolor practice before making this card, I probably wouldn’t have been nearly as nervous! Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not a watercolor expert… yet. But I’ve become much more comfortable with the medium simply by playing with it every day.




For this Weeklies project, I decided to use Lindy’s Magicals. I figured they were the perfect way to ease myself into watercoloring because all I had to do was activate the magical powders with water and paint away. The gorgeous bursts of color make the process feel almost effortless! Of course, I also wanted to add a little extra elegance, so I paired the watercoloring with heat embossing for beautiful gold details.

Materials used from Bee Happy:

  • Lindys Gang Magicals
  • We R Heat Gun
  • Miya Foldable Paint Pallette
  • Miya Brushes
  • Tim Holtz Guillotine 
  • Tim Holtz Idea-logy sentiment stickers
  • Tim Holtz Scissors
  • Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad

Other Materials Used:

  • Stamping Platform
  • Sizzix Big Shot
  • Altenew Garden Hydrangea stamp
  • Funnel Tray
  • Wendy Vecchi Make Art Stay-tion Magnetic Mat
  • Ranger Embossing Powder - Princess Gold

How I Made This Card




  1. Prepare your white cardstock. If you’re using a stamping platform, secure the cardstock in place.
  2. Rub an anti-static pouch over the cardstock.
  3. Position your chosen floral stamp and ink it with VersaMark Watermark Ink.
  4. Stamp the image onto the cardstock.
  5. Cover the stamped image with Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder.
  6. Tap off the excess powder and return it to the container.
  7. Heat emboss the image using a heat gun until the powder melts and becomes shiny.
  8. If your stamp has multiple layers, allow the cardstock to cool before stamping the next layer. Repeat the embossing process for each layer.
  9. Sprinkle a small amount of Lindy’s Magicals onto a color palette. I like using a fan brush because it helps control how much powder I pick up. A tiny amount goes a very long way!
  10. Lightly spritz the powders with water and watch the colors come to life.
  11. Repeat for all the colors you’d like to use.
  12. Paint your embossed images and allow them to dry before fussy cutting them out.
  13. Trim a piece of cream cardstock to 4” x 5¼”.
  14. Place the cream cardstock inside your favorite floral embossing folder and run it through your Sizzix Big Shot to create a beautifully textured background.
  15. Prepare a white card base measuring 5½” x 8½” and score it at 4¼”.
  16. Adhere the embossed cream panel to the center of the card base.
  17. Arrange and adhere your watercolor floral images using your preferred adhesive or foam tape for dimension.
  18. Finish the card by adding your sentiment.


And that’s it! A soft, elegant watercolor floral card with beautiful gold embossed details!

I hope this project encourages you to give watercolor a try, even if it feels a little intimidating. We all start somewhere, and sometimes the best way to learn is simply to jump in, play with your supplies, and enjoy the process. You might just surprise yourself!


Stay Connected with Bee Happy!

I hope today’s project inspires you to try something new and spend a little time creating!

For all your crafting needs, be sure to visit the Bee Happy website to browse their amazing selection of craft supplies.

For even more inspiration, project ideas, tutorials, and the latest product updates, follow Bee Happy on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok, where the Bee Happy Ambassadors and Craft Specialists regularly share their creative projects.

If you’re looking for a fun and welcoming crafting community, come join the Bee Happy Makerspace on Facebook! It’s a wonderful place to connect with fellow crafters, share your creations, and join the weekly Weeklies challenges for a chance to win exciting prizes.

I hope to see you there, and happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bee Happy Weeklies Week 27 | Watercolor Floral Card with Lindy’s Magicals

Hi crafty friends! And this is it, the start of my Bee Happy project series!  I’ll be sharing these projects bit by bit so I can eventuall...