Hi Crafty Friends!
This week’s Digi Choosday Design Team theme is “Use Acetate or Vellum,” and I chose to work with vellum to create these soft, elegant floral cards.
If you haven’t explored the Polkadoodles Floral Bundles yet, I highly recommend them! They are absolutely gorgeous and each bundle comes with coordinating digi stamps, patterned papers, and sentiments, making it so easy to create beautiful projects.
For today’s cards, I used papers and sentiments from three lovely collections:
This time, I actually skipped the digi stamps and focused on the beautiful patterned papers and coordinating sentiments.
The papers are wonderfully vibrant, but I wanted a softer, more delicate look. My solution? Embossed vellum! Layering embossed vellum over the patterned paper tones down the colors just enough while adding beautiful texture and elegance. It’s such a simple technique that completely transforms the look of the card.
Materials Used
- Polkadoodles Flower Meadow patterned papers
- Polkadoodles Dahlia Flower 1 patterned papers
- Polkadoodles Lilac Haze patterned papers
- Coordinating Polkadoodles sentiments
- Bee Happy Crafts Vellum Paper
- White cardstock
- Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- Paper trimmer
- Embossing folder (I used Altenew’s Magnolia and Blooms)
- Nesting dies
- Sizzix Big Shot
Tutorial
1. Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5½” × 8½”.8. Attach the vellum to the patterned paper, applying glue only behind the sentiment so the adhesive stays hidden.
And that’s it! Such a quick and easy way to soften bold patterned papers while adding gorgeous texture and dimension. The embossed vellum creates a delicate, dreamy finish that still lets those beautiful floral designs shine through.
I hope this project inspires you to give embossed vellum a try!
Don’t forget to join this week’s Digi Choosday Challenge - we’d love to see what you create! Be sure to share your projects for a chance to join the fun and get inspired by the rest of the Design Team.
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed today’s project, I’d love for you to follow me on my social media channels for more cardmaking, scrapbooking, journaling, and crafty inspiration. Happy crafting!
Instagram: @my.cat.and.crafts


















No comments:
Post a Comment