Sunday, August 30, 2026

August with Miqueka Scrap | A Little Dolce Vita for My Birthday Month

Miqueka Scrap didn’t have any scheduled Design Team projects for August, but I still wanted to create with Elena’s beautiful collections. During the past few months, our vacation, getting under the weather after the trip (or maybe it was just back-to-reality sickness), and then moving to a new home meant I fell behind and owed Elena a couple of projects.

I promised her I’d make up for them this month, especially since I still hadn’t had the chance to play with the gorgeous Dolce Vita collection.

The moment I saw it, I instantly thought of our trip to Italy a few years ago. The beautiful blue tiles, lemons, florals, and Mediterranean charm brought back so many wonderful memories. I originally considered using it to scrapbook that trip, but I had already documented those memories in layouts before, so I decided to let the collection inspire a different set of projects instead.

Sharing pre-blog photos here that felt so Dolce Vita from our 2024 trip:


















And more from our 2023 for our first Italy trip, then Greece and Vatican too. But I am only sharing some photos that I was reminded of because of this collection.












Starting August with a Little Dolce Vita

Since August is my birthday month, it only felt right to welcome it with a little Dolce Vita.

The first project I created was decorating my Happy Planner monthly calendar for August with the collection. It was such a beautiful way to kick off the month, and I loved seeing those cheerful blues and sunny yellows every time I opened my planner to August.





Let’s just say I was hoping to attract a little Dolce Vita juju for the year ahead, not just for me, but for all my fellow August celebrants too! I actually matched another collection by Mintay Papers, Lovely Day for my Kendra's Card projects just because it's as good vibes as this one, and just what I want for this month.

I also decorated the first weekly spread of August using the same collection.


Buuuut to be completely honest though… that spread is still mostly blank. Our first week of August was also our first week in our new home, so life was filled with unpacking boxes, cleaning, organizing, and adjusting to our new space. There wasn’t much time left for memory keeping, but I still love how the pages turned out and I’m glad they captured the excitement of a fresh new beginning.




Ending the Month with One More Mini Album

To wrap up my birthday month, I created one last mini album using the Dolce Vita collection.



This sweet little mini is filled with my usual interactive elements, pockets, tags, flip-outs, and plenty of room for treasured photos and memories. I actually played a little more than usual with different media on this one! I used stencils, Aleene's Glitter Snow, Distress Spritz, Enamels and other tiny embellishments I have. Plus of course, my usual flowers.
























If you’d like to see all the interactive details, you can watch the full flip-through here:



This mini album is also extra special because it’s heading to the Philippines! I’ll be sending it to a dear friend whose journaling club is celebrating its anniversary soon. I hope it becomes a beautiful keepsake where they can document that wonderful milestone together.

Love the Dolce Vita Collection?

If this collection has caught your eye as much as it did mine, be sure to visit Miqueka Scrap’s Ko-Fi shop where you can purchase the Dolce Vita collection for your own projects. Don’t forget to follow Miqueka Scrap on Instagram, @miquekascrap as well to see more beautiful inspiration and future releases!

And if you’re into journaling and happen to live in or near Pasig City, I’d also love to recommend following my friend’s page, Hello Knoll. They regularly share updates about the Pasig Hobby Club, where fellow journalers and creatives get together for fun hangouts and crafting sessions.

📍 https://www.facebook.com/helloknoll

Who knows? Their next meet-up might be just the creative community you’ve been looking for!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope this little sprinkle of Dolce Vita inspires you to find sweetness in everyday life. Until next time, happy crafting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

August with Miqueka Scrap | A Little Dolce Vita for My Birthday Month

Miqueka Scrap didn’t have any scheduled Design Team projects for August, but I still wanted to create with Elena’s beautiful collections. Du...