Sunday, August 30, 2026

My Harry Potter Watercolor Series for Fuumuui's World Watercolor Month Celebration (And the Surprise Win!)

Back in July, I joined the FUUMUUI Paint Anywhere Challenge to celebrate World Watercolor Month. My goal was simple: get back into learning watercolor after taking a break… and have fun with it.

As a huge Potterhead, I decided to make the entire challenge Wizarding World-themed. What started as a fun way to practice turned into a 16-day Harry Potter watercolor series, and I enjoyed every minute of it. My next goal is actually to make these watercolor pieces into sticker sheets!

I shared each painting on social media as I finished it, and I blogged about them throughout July. Since they were spread across several posts, I thought it would be fun to put the whole series together in one blog post as a little recap. If you missed any of them, here they all are!

Day 1 - The Sorting Hat



The painting that started it all! It was the perfect way to kick off a Harry Potter-themed watercolor series.

Day 2 - Harry Potter’s Birthday Cake



I painted the movie version (because… pink!). Sorry to the book cake fans, but the chocolate cake just wasn’t calling my name.

Day 3 - Platform 9¾



A must-have in any Harry Potter collection. Looking back, it may not have been my favorite, but every painting was part of the learning process.

Day 4 - Cauldron


This one was mostly an excuse to play around with black and gray watercolors!

Day 5 - Hedwig



I accidentally made Hedwig a little chonkier… and maybe gave him slightly feminine eyes. 

Day 6 - Hogwarts Crest


This inspired me to paint each of the Hogwarts House crests next.

Day 7 - Gryffindor Crest



Starting the House series with Gryffindor and its bold red and gold colors.

Day 8 - Slytherin Crest



I almost broke my watercolor streak because life got busy, but I’m glad I kept going.

Day 9 - Ravenclaw Crest



Definitely one of my favorites because I loved working with all those beautiful blues.

Day 10 - Hufflepuff Crest



The House series was complete, and somehow my watercolor streak was still alive! I have been sending daily watercolor photos to my family so I kind of have a little cheering squad!

Day 11 - Nimbus 2000 & Golden Snitch


Time to take to the skies! This one was simple but so much fun. It was supposed to just be the Nimbus 2000 but I was in the mood to add a snitch. hehe!

Day 12 - Hagrid’s Hut


A cozy little stop in the Wizarding World.

Day 13 - The Golden Egg


Thankfully this version doesn’t scream when you open it. 

Day 14 - The Marauder’s Map


“I solemnly swear that I am up to… more watercolor.” One of my favorite captions from the challenge!

Day 15 - Death Eater Mask


One of the darker pieces in the series, but it was a fun challenge to paint all the details and shading.

Day 16 - Hogwarts Castle

I had originally planned to end the series with the Dark Mark, but my husband pointed out that it would be a pretty gloomy way to wrap up a month of magical paintings. So I picked up my brush one more time and painted Hogwarts Castle instead. Looking back, I think it was the perfect way to end the series, especially since it was Harry Potter’s birthday! 


And then… I won!




A little while after the challenge ended, I found out that my Harry Potter watercolor series had been selected as one of the winners of the FUUMUUI PaintAnywhere Challenge! It was announced August 1, which was 2 days before my birthday so it was like an early gift!

My prize arrived about two weeks ago, and I have to say, I really like it! The portable empty watercolor palette feels sturdy, and filling it with my favorite colors was almost as fun as unboxing it.






Watch me unbox my prize and fill my new watercolor palette here:



Since then, I actually haven’t picked up my watercolors. Life has simply been busy with other crafty projects. But every time I see this palette sitting on my desk, it reminds me how much I enjoyed this challenge and how relaxing watercolor can be.

So here’s my little promise to myself: I’m getting back into watercolor next month. No pressure to paint perfectly, just to keep learning, keep practicing, and enjoy the process.

I also think this series deserves a proper flip-through, so don’t be surprised if you see a full video of all 16 paintings soon! 🪄

A huge thank you to FUUMUUI for hosting such a fun challenge, encouraging artists of all skill levels, and for this wonderful prize. Winning was such an unexpected bonus, but the best part was rediscovering my love for watercolor.

Here’s to more paint, more practice, and more magical adventures! 🎨⚡


No comments:

Post a Comment

August with Miqueka Scrap | A Little Dolce Vita for My Birthday Month

Miqueka Scrap didn’t have any scheduled Design Team projects for August, but I still wanted to create with Elena’s beautiful collections. Du...