I’m sharing another project I made for Bee Happy Weeklies with the theme is Umbrella. As soon as I saw the prompt, I immediately remembered this special photo from our visit to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes in Lourdes, France. That trip was way before I started scrapbooking so it's also a perfect layout to make for past, pre-scrapbooking era memories.
It was raining that day, but instead of letting the weather dampen our spirits, it became one of those memories that made the trip even more meaningful. Looking back at the photo reminded me that some of life’s sweetest moments happen under gray skies, especially when you’re sharing them with someone you love. I also remember our exchanges before taking the first photo - we were in Amsterdam the day before, a stark contrast to visiting Our Lady of Lourdes.
For this layout, I created a colorful hand-stitched umbrella as the focal point and paired it with the quote, “You make me happy when skies are grey.” It perfectly captures how I feel about my husband. No matter what life brings, he always finds a way to brighten even the rainiest days.
One of my favorite parts of this project is the umbrella cut file. It’s a beautiful design by Paige Evans, and it made the perfect centerpiece for this page. What makes it even more special to me is how I purchased it, I finally used some of the PayPal funds that had been sitting in my account from my affiliate earnings with Printable Cuttable Creatables! It was such a rewarding feeling to use money I earned through crafting to buy another crafting design. It’s a small reminder that every little bit adds up and helps support this hobby that I love. I just realized upon writing that that it sounds as if the cut file was expensive. It was not. But I liked that I didn't have to use my credit card to purchase it.
I kept the rest of the layout bright and cheerful to contrast with the rainy-day photo. The colorful umbrella, stitching, and happy embellishments all reflect how wonderful that day truly was despite the weather.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this page inspires you to scrapbook those rainy-day memories too, they often end up becoming some of our happiest stories.




No comments:
Post a Comment