When it comes to Halloween crafting, I always feel like I’m missing out a little because Halloween isn’t celebrated here in Saudi Arabia. Unlike Christmas or everyday cards that I can sell at local bazaars, by the time bazaar season comes around, Halloween has long passed.
Buuuut… Halloween crafting is just so much fun and everything is ridiculously cute that I simply can’t skip it! Plus, our Design Team prompt is Halloween. Haha!
For this week’s Digi Choosday, I created this super cute witch card, which also gave me the perfect excuse to pull out my Distress Oxides and play with a fun stenciled background.
If you’d like to recreate this card, even with a different theme, this stencil technique is a great way to stretch your supplies, especially if you’re trying to save those precious themed pattern papers. I definitely did that when I first started paper crafting!
Then again, I had to remind myself… Halloween papers only get used once a year anyway, so they’re probably not going to disappear after one project. Those Halloween washi tapes and papers I’ve been “saving” for years? Yep… I still have them.
Anyway, let’s get started!
Materials Used
- Tim Holtz Guillotine
- CutterPillar Crease Score Board
- Polkadoodles Winnie Wednesday Witch and Cat Digi Stamp
- Polkadoodles - Halloween Trick or Treat Printable Sentiments (“Witch way to the candy?”)
- Kaisercraft Distressed Diamonds Stencil
- Distress Oxide Ink - Carved Pumpkin
- Distress Oxide Ink - Black Soot
- Blending Brushes
- Wendy Vecchi MAKE ART Stay-tion
- White Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Foam Tape
- Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
- Ohuhu Alcohol Markers
- Ohuhu Glitter Markers
Instructions
1. Prepare your card base by trimming white cardstock to 5½” x 8¼”. Score at 4¼” on the long side and fold.5. Trim another piece of white cardstock to 3¾” x 5”. Using this white cardstock, stencil the entire panel with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide Ink.
6. Reposition the stencil, covering some of the orange areas, then blend Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink over the remaining spaces to create a layered background.
7. Adhere the stenciled panel to the 5¼” x 4” black cardstock using glue.
10. Color the Winnie Wednesday Witch and Cat digi stamp with Ohuhu Alcohol Markers, adding touches of sparkle with Ohuhu Glitter Markers.
I hope this project inspires you to pull out your favorite Halloween supplies, or simply try this stenciling technique with whatever theme you love most!
Don’t forget to join this week’s Digi Choosday Challenge for your chance to play along and be inspired by the amazing Design Team creations. We’d love to see what you make!
If you recreate this card or give the technique a try, be sure to tag me. You can also follow me on my social media channels for more cardmaking, scrapbooking, and paper crafting inspiration. Happy crafting!
Hope you have a wonderfully spooky (or just wonderfully crafty!) week, and I’ll see you again in my next project!

















No comments:
Post a Comment