Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Digi Choosday | Magical Fantasy Mixed Media Shaker Card featuring Winnie Mermaid Mermazing

Hi crafty friends!

It’s time for another Digi Choosday challenge, and this week’s Design Team prompt is “Magical Fantasy.”



When I think of magical fantasy, my mind instantly goes back to childhood. Out of all the Disney princesses, Ariel has always been one of my favorites. As a kid, you'd think that there is so much magic about an underwater world filled with mermaids, colorful corals, and ocean treasures. So for this week’s project, I chose the adorable Winnie Mermaid Mermazing - Best Friends digi stamp and created a fun mixed media shaker card inspired by that childhood wonder.

I may have gone a little extra with this one… and well, that's me. Haha. I love how this turned out. Between the shaker window, layered florals, fussy-cut details, and sparkly embellishments, this card is packed with dimension and whimsical underwater charm.

Materials Used

How I Made It

1. Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5½” × 8½” for the card base.



2. Score at 4¼” on the long side and fold.



3. Trim plain blue cardstock to 5⅜” × 4⅛”.



4. Trim your shaker background pattern paper to 5” × 3¾”.



5. Trim the front shaker cover pattern paper to 5¼” × 4”.



6. Cut a piece of acetate to 5” × 3¾”.



7. Using a 2½-inch circle die, cut a window about an inch from the top of the shaker cover.
Adhere the acetate behind the opening.





8. Glue the shaker background pattern paper onto the blue cardstock.



9. Sprinkle your favorite shaker bits onto the background.



10. Add foam tape around the shaker opening and adhere the shaker cover over the top, sealing in the shaker bits.



11. Die cut a solid stitched blue circle using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle Die.




12. Adhere the stitched circle to the front of the shaker.


13. Arrange and adhere floral die cuts from the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Embellies Bundle.



14. Since I attached the stitched circle before the florals, I die cut a second stitched circle and layered it on top to hide the adhesive and add even more dimension. You can certainly attach the florals first to skip this step, but I actually love the extra layer it created!



15. Add additional floral embellishments.



16. Color the Winnie Mermaid Mermazing - Best Friends digi with Ohuhu Alcohol Markers.



17. Attach the colored image to the center of the acetate using foam tape.






18. Fussy cut seaweed and coral elements from the Coral Mermaid Pattern Papers and tuck them around the circle and flowers for extra underwater detail.




19. Adhere the completed shaker panel to the card base.



20. Add the “See You Soon!” sentiment from the Coral Mermaid Sentiment Set.



21. For the finishing touch, scatter a few clear glass cabochons around the card for a little extra sparkle and shine.


I hope this project inspires you to create something pretty and magical this week! Don’t forget to join us over at Digi Choosday, we'd love to see what you make! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time… may your crafty adventures always be sprinkled with a little bit of magic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Digi Choosday | Magical Fantasy Mixed Media Shaker Card featuring Winnie Mermaid Mermazing

Hi crafty friends! It’s time for another Digi Choosday challenge, and this week’s Design Team prompt is “Magical Fantasy.” When I t...