Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Polkadoodles Digi Choosday | Blue Christmas Magic with Snowman Bella

One of my favorite parts of crafting lately has been challenging myself to use more of the supplies I already have and this week's Digi Choosday Design Team challenge was the perfect excuse to do just that! Just like last week, I skipped patterned paper and reached for my stash to create my own background. Every time I finish a project like this, it feels like a little crafting victory because I'm making the most of the products I already own. Admit it, sometimes we hoard supplies so much that we forget what we have and rarely use them!

This week's Design Team prompt was "Christmas" and "Snowman with an Animal/Bird." To tick off the challenge requirement, I chose Snowman Bella Christmas! digi stamp. Bella has always been one of my favorite Polkadoodles Christmas characters because, bears are just so cute! So obviously, she was the perfect choice for this project.



I also gave myself another little challenge, not to use the traditional Christmas combination of red and green. Instead, I leaned into cool winter blues, snowy whites, and touches of silver glitter. I have to admit, I'm really loving how this blue Christmas card turned out! It feels fresh, frosty, and still wonderfully festive.

Materials Used

  • Digi Stamp -  Snowman Bella Christmas
  • Sentiment - Have a Wonderful Christmas Time from Christmas Message Sheets
  • White cardstock
  • Tim Holtz Guillotine
  • CutterPillar Crease Score Board
  • Distress Oxide Ink - Tumbled Glass
  • Blending Brush
  • Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes Stencil (snow pattern)
  • Aleene's Glitter Snow
  • Palette Knife
  • Snowflake die (from Lawn Fawn Snow Flurries Backdrop Set)
  • Silver Glitter Cardstock
  • Foam Tape
  • Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue
  • Ohuhu Alcohol Markers

Instructions

1. Prepare your card base by cutting white cardstock to 5.5" × 8.5".



2. Score at 4.25" along the long side and fold to create your card base.



3. Cut another piece of white cardstock to 4" x 5.25" for your card front.



4. Blend Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass over the entire panel using a blending brush.




5. Place your stencil over the inked panel. I used the snow stencil from the Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes stencil set.



6. Using a palette knife, spread Aleene's Glitter Snow over the stencil. Carefully lift the stencil and allow the texture paste to dry completely.



7. Die-cut several snowflakes from silver glitter cardstock. I used the snowflake die included in the Lawn Fawn Snow Flurries Backdrop Set.





8. Adhere the glitter snowflakes across your textured background.




9. Prepare your digi. I used Snowman Bella Christmas and color it using your favorite Ohuhu alcohol markers.



10. Attach Bella to the card front with foam tape for extra dimension.




11. Adhere the "Have a Wonderful Christmas Time" sentiment.


12. Finally, adhere the completed panel onto your card base.


And taaadaaaa! Here it is!


I hope this project inspires you to look through your own crafty stash and create something unique. Sometimes all it takes is a little ink blending, texture, and a few die cuts to make a completely custom background, and it's always satisfying to use supplies you've been saving!

If you're feeling inspired, we'd love to see what you create. Be sure to join this week's Digi Choosday Challenge and share your project!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! If you enjoyed this project, I'd love for you to follow along on my crafty adventures. You can find more cards, tutorials, process photos, and behind-the-scenes inspiration on my social media. I hope to see you there, and again, don't forget to join us over at Digi Choosday for this week's challenge. Happy crafting, and have a wonderful Christmas time! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Polkadoodles Digi Choosday | Blue Christmas Magic with Snowman Bella

One of my favorite parts of crafting lately has been challenging myself to use more of the supplies I already have and this week's Digi ...