Sunday, October 4, 2026

Mintay World Card Making Day 2026 Challenges



Here we are again, back to playing with Mintay Papers! And I have to admit, I was extra excited for this year's World Card Making Day challenges because I had just received my Mintay International Scrapbooking Day prize... and wow, it was A LOT!

To be honest, I had stopped joining Mintay challenges for a little while because my prize from five months earlier hadn't arrived yet. Thankfully, it turned out to be a shipping delay, and it was absolutely worth the wait. The box was overflowing with beautiful Mintay goodies, and I can't wait to share a full unboxing and closer look in a separate blog post. Let's just say, it felt like Christmas came early or that my birthday was extended to another month and a few weeks.

With all those pretty new papers and stickers waiting to be used, of course, I had to join this year's World Card Making Day challenges. Plus, I woke up to my Mintay hype girl Judy's message of the start of Mintay's challenge over the weekend. haha!

Mintay Around the World



One of my favorite prompts this year asked us to create a card inspired by the place we call home.

Two Homes, One Heart



For my first card, I created a globe as the focal point and divided it into two corners.

One side represents Saudi Arabia, with a compass and suitcases symbolizing the adventure that brought us here. The other represents the Philippines, filled with tropical touches, greenery, and travel-inspired elements that remind me of where our story began.

Tiny airplanes, dotted flight paths, and hearts connect the two sides, leading to the sentiment:

"Home is where the heart is."

Although I'm creating from Saudi Arabia, my heart belongs to two places. The Philippines will always be my first home, while Saudi Arabia has become my second. Living here has taught me that home isn't just a place on a map, it can also be the people you share your life with.

 Wherever my husband is, that's where home feels complete.

A Little Love Letter to Saudi Arabia



I liked this prompt so much that I made a second card. It kind of made me do a little reflection while I craft.

This one celebrates Saudi Arabia with a camel framed inside an ornate arch, surrounded by soft Mintay florals, shimmering gold glitter cardstock, and gold enamel dots.

When we moved here, we left behind everything familiar. It was a huge step outside our comfort zone, but it has also been one of the greatest adventures of our lives. We've grown, explored new places, met wonderful people, and experienced a culture we never imagined we'd get to know so closely.

This card is my little thank-you to the country that became part of our journey.

Break Your Routine!



This challenge encouraged us to finally use that Mintay collection we've been saving, or to try something completely outside our comfort zone.

For me, it was both!

For this challenge, I used The Wedding Day collection, which I haven't used. Wedding-themed collections always seem so beautiful, but I rarely use them because weddings don't come around very often. Ironically, when they do, I'm usually too busy to make a handmade card!

I also challenged myself by creating my very first wedding gown-shaped card instead of the traditional rectangle.

Using layered pattern papers from The Wedding Day collection along with lace and ribbons, I transformed the card itself into the wedding dress. It was such a fun project and reminded me that beautiful papers deserve to be enjoyed instead of waiting forever for the "perfect" occasion.\


One Day • One Card • One Big Card Chain


This challenge wasn't just about making a card, it was about building a chain of kindness throughout the Mintay community.

If you're not yet a member of the Mintay Facebook Group, Mintay Papers Inspo Page, you can join us here.

Then you can check out the Card Chain here. As of writing, here are now 379 comments on this thread.

For this card, I used the beautiful Graceful collection.

The word grace immediately made me think about encouraging one another. Before adding your own card to the chain, the challenge asked participants to leave a kind comment on the previous person's creation. Such a simple gesture, yet one that can truly brighten someone's day.

I thought the Graceful collection perfectly captured that spirit. Sometimes showing appreciation for another crafter's work is one of the greatest gifts we can give.





 Inspired By...



For this challenge, Mintay shared a moodboard and invited us to interpret it in our own way.

Rather than choosing just one element, I tried to incorporate as many inspirations as possible into one interactive design.







I created a cozy pop-up scene card that opens to reveal a warm little room complete with a pop-up sentiment, layered ephemera, a heart, a clock, and a cute little dog.






One of my favorite details is the interactive window, which opens to reveal additional writing space inside the card. Or a photo! I love adding little surprises like this, and I thought it fit the cozy, welcoming feeling of the moodboard perfectly.


It's always amazing to see how one inspiration board can lead to completely different interpretations from crafters around the world.

Just like last year, I had so much fun participating in Mintay's World Card Making Day celebration. Each challenge encouraged me to try something different, tell a personal story, and finally use products I'd been saving. What I love is that I finished all these cards in less than 24 hours, with sleep and chore time! Even the husband is impressed!

If you'd like to see the cards I created for last year's Mintay World Card Making Day, you can read that blog post here. 

Now that my Mintay cards are finished, it's time to switch gears and start creating for Rosie's Studio and Doodlebug Design's World Card Making Day challenges. Wish me luck, I still have plenty more cards to make this weekend! But guess what - this is actually hitting two birds with one stone because I need to stock up with more products for an upcoming pop up! Yes, I have. pop up coming soon! Will share once details are finalized.









No comments:

Post a Comment

80 Days to Go Before Christmas - This week's Happy Planner Layout using Neutral Watercolors Sticker Book

This week's Happy Planner spread came together with The Happy Planner Neutral Watercolors Sticker Book. No special reason, really, other...